HANDMADE IN UGANDA
Imaginative, colorful, and sentimental, our raffia holiday ornaments make decorating fun!
Looking for a unique gift for coworkers or friends? These lidded raffia ornaments create an unexpected surprise and delight feel to gift giving . Our lidded ornaments add a globally inspired decorative flair to your home decor or mantle decorations during the Holidays or just all year long!
- Approximately 3” D x 3” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Product is made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
These delicately textured and woven ornaments were made by groups of women across Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weave together raffia and banana fibers to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
A Ugandan weaver crafted this exquisite masterpiece using locally sourced raffia plant and banana fibers. This purchase guarantees fair, stage wages for this talented artisan. Prior to working with KAZI, many artisans worked manual labor jobs or as local vendors. It was financially difficult to support themselves and their children. KAZI weavers have become respected local leaders and primary income earners of their households. Ugandan women weave in small groups, building community and mastering their trade. They can now invest in their childrens' education, increase their savings, and plan for a hopeful future.